Sunday, November 11, 2007

the hoarder


Being a junior Creative Writing major is not easy. With numerous works of literature I am compelled to read though I previously thought of them as non-existing, this semester is going to be a riot when classes are usually held in the oven-like English department (considering that I am the only Creative Writing major left in my batch).

But even if papers and letters seem to drown me, my itchy self of grabbing (okay, buying) a book that I unconsciously thought as fun to read never fails me whenever I visit the nearest bookstore. Well, here are the latest books in my cluttered table:

THE TURN OF THE SCREW Henry James
HEART OF DARKNESS Joseph Conrad
THE WIND-UP BIRD CHRONICLE Haruki Murakami
ALICE'S ADVENTURES IN WONDERLAND Lewis Caroll

The latest stack made me smile; for the latest purchase was a healthy bunch: there's a psychological story, a sophisticated horror tale, and two fantasy books (both for the mature readers and the young ones).
_________________________________________________________

No comments: