Tuesday, December 04, 2007

two books and a signature


With so much thanks to Sir Ian Rosales Casocot, I had my book Anansi Boys signed by the author. Yes, Neil Gaiman himself; the author of other fantastic works such as Stardust, American Gods, MirrorMask, and a lot more.


Since our moderator for Litcritters Dumaguete is once again shortlisted in the same competition where he won the grand prize last year, the 2nd Philippine Graphic/Fiction Awards gave him a chance to meet the famous artist of genre literature last December 4. And his short story The Sugilanon of Epefania's Heartbreak won 1st runner up (along with Yvette Natalie Tan's The Bridge).


This makes him the only person to win a place in two consecutive years! Anyways, I felt the same joy upon receiving my autographed novel.




Also on the same date of the awarding ceremony, held at Fullybooked Store Bonifacio High Street Courtyard last November 25, the book Expeditions was also launched. This anthology features the winners of the 1st Philippine Graphic/Fiction Awards and, of which, my sister bought me a hardbound copy as a Christmas gift. Yipee!

_________________________________________________

No comments: