Sunday, March 23, 2008

conversations with the moon (2)

[second of two parts]

QUESTION #3: Alright, since changing yourself into a full moon is inevitable, let me ask you this: Is changing hard and difficult?

MOON: Yes, it is. Just imagine yourself shifting into various forms in a month—it’s really awful! A lot of your kind says that my change is just an illusion, a trick of the light. Actually, I do change. And there’s one thing that I couldn’t shake off after the transformation: it’s the pain. There is too much pain in the process. First, there’s this agonizing burning sensation from within. Next, I have to bear with this unusual expansion that feels like I would totally split in half. Then, it would conclude with an unexplainable feeling of self construction. It is weird. I just find it so ironic that poets from across the world see beauty in my misery.

QUESTION #4: Why me?

MOON: I am often misunderstood—especially you. Of all people, I continually bloom at night for you to let loose and let go of certain problems, so that you could have the clearest of all conscience, and most of all, a peaceful mind and heart. Forgive me for this sentimentalism that often radiates from me but, I tell you, it is really you who views me as what I am. You see what you wanted to see. Not me. If you have a problem, please don’t gaze at me like I’m an omen because I am here to serve as your light at night when the sun is not enough enlightenment for you in the morning. Okay, goodbye now. It is nice talking to you.

Note: This write-up is caused by the abrupt departure of life’s normalcy. The author tried to talk with someone important but unfortunately this person was not in the right state of mind and body, so he went out to talk with the Moon. The author thought it would make him contemplate on positive things. Well, it didn’t work. Instead of trying to think of happy thoughts, what came out from an enforced amusement is this delusion of incompetent spill of words.
________________________________________________________

1 comment:

Aiken said...

tsk tsk.. poor moon.. often bombarded with all that.. but it has to understand though that it is only during night time where problems sink in to people's entity.. it's not a matter of choice that people tend to look at the moon that way. it's just how it is.. and how it should be. forever.