Friday, March 21, 2008

out in ten parts


I. The Commemoration
It is not easy to witness the closing of one’s eyes
when clicks of the cameras come and you not being there.

II. The Walk of Nothing
It is not easy to leisurely walk in the afternoon
for it is a shame to part you as quick as the speed of light.

III. The Sands of Time
It is not easy feeling each grain upon my palms
while you’re wondering what would happen the day after that.

IV. The Union’s Final
It is not easy not knowing what to do
when meeting someone deprives the likelihood of meeting you.

V. The House of the President
It is not easy to be in a place where I breathe desires,
forever wanting the familiar touch of your skin.

VI. The Drunkard’s Shack
It is not easy when keeping things casual tonight
since it is only you who bears the belief I must know.

VII. The Land of Overflowing Wine
It is not easy taking all these spirits into my body
because no one except you could exorcise me.

VIII. The Testimony of a Fall
It is not easy laughing and crying with you and not falling
into the illustriousness of insanity I am so tempted to seek.

IX. The Outburst
It is not easy understanding the fractured thoughts
coming from your mind, coming from my mouth.

X. The Dawn of Knowing
And now, it is easy: easy as it is, easy as it was.
Easy as the first day when our glances bloomed the first set of sorrow.


(for those who bear with my misery)
_________________________________________________________

No comments: