Friday, August 15, 2008

missing beijing



The Olympics is back—and it’s in Beijing!

Unfortunately, due to unavailability of resources in the slipshod sensibilities of my Dumaguete abode, I'm not updated with the hundred of sports happening in the The Nest, in the Water Cube, and in the many places that I do not know. I don’t have television. Though I have read the results of competitions in the dailies, I still want to see the actual sports games. But thanks to Youtube and its staple “uploaders,” I get to witness the opening ceremony of this event. It was jaw-dropping; definitely a showcase of how Chinese creativity and discipline work well together. Cool.
______________________________________________________

3 comments:

. said...

Mahalaga lang sa akin yung opening ceremony, and I'm satisfied with how it turned out. :)

Thank you Fred.

gillboard said...

they say in the news that not everything in the opening ceremonies is real...

la lang...

Bullfrog said...

Yup, I've heard that too. If I'm not mistaken, they say that the people behind the opening ceremony really did an amazing fireworks display -- in actuality. The issue here is that when they aired it, they already added some enhancements so the show would look better in television (or computers). This computer enhancement is studied and planned for a year.

Amazing diba?