Saturday, June 06, 2009

an excuse

The biggest stirring irony in our lives, no matter how we deny it, is that we are very sure of how unsure we are. We wake up in the morning and think, “What are we supposed to do?” Instead of brushing our teeth and taking our breakfast, we automatically visit the king’s throne and pee. Yes, automatic, like our refrigerator’s defrosting system. Yes, yes, it is caused by the bladder and some other organs but do we really want to see that bowl first thing in the morning? Why don’t we notice first the scent of a new day, the soft light leaking through our windows, or the early morning chirps of our feathered friends outside? I don’t know. I really, really don’t know the answers. Even the sole reason behind this write up is purely enigmatic. Maybe, I was thinking of other things, my fingers moving by their own will, and went on typing all these. Or maybe this is another unconscious attempt to create an excuse of these three realities (or doubts) dawning upon me: 1) Do I have to mention here that the possibility of not meeting some “missed” people for a long, long time is to be expected? 2) Or that the frequent text messaging is becoming less and less frequent? 3) Or that the time logged in cyberspace to poke, update and blog will forever be a college student’s luxury? There are more and more things orbiting in my head actually. I want to get rid of them but they’re there, spinning around, droning, whirring half-truths and half-lies into my ears. Oh well, I should stop being whiny and grow up.

Bye bye.


1 comment:

HOMER said...

sometimes our subconscious is so powerful that we do a lot of things that we dont really intend to do. We just do it because theres this force inside us which drive us to do them...

Love this post especially the first part. "The biggest stirring irony in our lives, no matter how we deny it, is that we are very sure of how unsure we are."

hope u visit me and vote for my blog IAMSTAYINGALIVE here www.salaswildthoughts.blogspot.com tnx!