Friday, August 05, 2011

brilliance in music


The Camerawalls, which is led by Clementine Clem Castro, a member of the now-defunct band Orange and Lemons, has the freshest sound I’ve heard lately in the local music industry.


Lord Of The Flies - The Camerawalls by Lilystars Records


I remember seeing their albums Pocket Guide to the Otherworld and Bread and Circuses in Powerbooks Megamall, but when I went back the other month they were all gone. This broke my heart. Thankfully, samples of their discography are available in their
website. Just listen to the song embedded above (my personal favorite, next to
Birthday Wishes), or those in the site, and you’ll get this grand, sweeping sense of bliss, it’s as if you could touch and taste the beauty of colors.

And wait. Did I hear that right, strings from a rondalla instrument? Beautiful, indeed, just beautiful. Music like this should come out more often in the Philippines.


[ image lifted from this site ]

No comments: