Friday, March 28, 2008

earth hour in our house

Tomorrow is a day of eccentricity for two reasons: one is that it’s the day of the bullfrog’s birth and two it is the day wherein we celebrate Earth Hour.

Earth Hour is an international event that somewhat requires all households and businesses to turn off their lights and many electrical appliances for an hour on the 29th of March (from 8PM – 9PM). This is to promote electricity conservation and thus lower carbon emissions; the culprit of our world’s abrupt warming.

Well, it will be my birthday and what better way to celebrate it than having the silent celebration bathed in cake candle lights (if ever I would have an actual cake tomorrow). But I think I would jump onto the bandwagon with the other countries to serve as a sacrifice to the environment. I would just hope that Mother Nature will love me for this.
_________________________________________________________

No comments: