Friday, April 18, 2008

another one


Grand visuals plus gripping storylines (though the latter may unfortunately wane in the end) more often than not attract me. That’s why when I have seen the movie trailer of Tarsem Singh’s latest feature film The Fall, it instantaneously becomes my favorite next to Julie Taymor’s Across the Universe and Guillermo del Torro’s Pan’s Labyrinth.

Though Tarsem, as what he is famously called in the industry, is much more associated with The Cell (which starred Jennifer Lopez and Vince Vaughn) and its “inappropriate” heaviness on eye-popping imagery than on plot, I still say his latest work has a lot of promise. Well, I just base this praise on the trailer and I just hope that when I see the entirety of this movie I wouldn’t swallow these words. I don't even know yet when this would be shown in the Philippines.

Click here for the full trailer.
__________________________________________________________________

No comments: