Wednesday, April 23, 2008

making a scene

I confess our home is relatively close to nature but amazingly, in my whole stay in this forested area, there’s this invisible boundary that seems to separate us humans from the non-humans. It’s like we are living in our own space as they’re enjoying their private lives in a much greener habitat. But before I went to sleep and turn off the computer this early dawn, a tiny tree frog was sitting innocently below the monitor. That’s no joke. Of all the things to appear at one o’clock in the morning, I witnessed a shiny little amphibian. Cute. What more, just when I woke up from bed, I heard some disturbing clanks outside. I went out to see what was happening and to my amazement, a native chicken was actually trying to make a home right in our dirty kitchen’s sink! Okay, I don’t know if this is just with me but I think there’s something in the world right now. And wait, there was a bee buzzing around my head when I was typing this.
__________________________________________________________________

4 comments:

. said...

Subtle... but I understand what you want to convey. Hehe.

Bullfrog said...

Really? So what am I trying to convey then? hehe... :)

. said...

Correct me if i'm wrong but I think you wrote something for the earth day. Thats how i felt it. hehe.

or maybe i'm too urbanized thats why I was affected by your entry.

Cheers.

Bullfrog said...

I didn't mean it but, yeah, I was aware of Earth Day a while ago. Wait, is this event celebrated today? I thought kahapon lang yun...